Hyperfast Broadband for Burton Update
We had a well attended B4RN community meeting in the village hall on Wednesday 18 April. Dave Ryall from B4RN gave a presentation to the local community about the next steps involved in this exciting project. There were a selection of B4RN champions from other villages who have already completed this project, they were kept busy with questions about how to install B4RN and what the benefits have been to their communities.
In summary for those who could not attend the next steps for the project are to:
- • Agree final wayleaves for the key trunk routes with landowners
- • Install the link from Dalton to the new development at Church Bank Gardens (this allows the B4RN cabinet to go live for the village)
- • Form a team to oversee the detailed work in installing B4RN into everyone’s premises who has expressed an interest. A key priority for the project is connecting Burton Morewood Primary School (who get a free connection and service) and as many properties along the route in the process.
Benefits of B4RN:
- • Hyperfast: Speeds of 1000 mb/s, future proof. Every member of your household / business can use fast broadband without frustration. Great for video calls like Skype and Facetime.
- • Unlimited: Great for streaming – no more buffering Netflix and iPlayer!
- • Reliable: Doesn’t use any overhead copper landlines, so won’t drop out in a storm.
- • Affordable: £30/month, slower ‘superfast’ providers struggle to match B4RN on price (B4RN don’t charge line rental, you can keep your existing number and dispense with your BT landline once you have B4RN installed – Using VoIP)
- • Supportive: Office hours support from their base in Melling, next day call out and 24/7 support contractor for core network issues.
- • Adds value/Attractiveness to home/business: Local estate agents have started displaying the B4RN logo as a selling point for homes within the B4RN area.
- • Tax Efficient Investment: HMRC Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) compliant (30% tax relief).
Mike Iddon and Ollie Craig (Morewood Drive), Pete McFarlane (The Square) and Francis Mason-Hornby (Dalton Hall)